… is one helluva experience, I tell you.
Started off the day with eating cheong fun that mom brought back from the Section 17 wet market, awesome stuff I tell you. After I washed the dishes, and was reading the paper, mom comes out with the lightsaber bubble blowing thingy and goes “hey what’s this I found in the bathroom?!” and the rest of my morning was spent entertaining my parents while blowing bubbles using the lightsaber bubble blowing thingy XD (well, until reeis showed up.)
We went to have nasi lemak @ Village Park (excellent nasi lemak! XD) and had a chat on how college changed our lives, and the way of thinking that there are many ways to get to the same answer, none being more correct than the other. And some things we really struggled through during school life – the rounding up of numbers (me) and the failure to grasp physics concepts till 2 weeks before SPM (her)~
Next stop was what I call the Neo-Nazi Building~ aka PJ Trade Center. Seriously, at first glance it looks like some building from the post-industrial times (quote reeis) and it looks like some unfinished construction site.. So I was quite *meh* about the whole thing at first. After taking a look around, though, there is more than meets the eye to this place. It’s really.. raw and organic, and I think if they decided to use flourescent lighting for this place it would look like some Nazi detention center or something – creepiness factor up by 10000! @_@ Unpainted cement walls, tile bricks for walls (lotsa natural light), halogen lighting… it was certainly *weird* at first sight.
When we exited the lift we were really surprised by a few things~
- For some reason they have this idea to have the ‘floor’ made out of metal grilles so you can see the floor below, and the one below it.. you get the point. So if you look down, and you’re afraid of heights, this might be a real challenge for you. Otherwise, I thought it was pretty cool.
- There are hanging gardens wth! Cool but totally out of place imo!
- There is a hanging chair thingy that is made out of iron/steel mesh thingy and it was SO FUN to sit on it! XD
- Not to mention lawn furniture made out of real wire meshies that remind me of the ones @ KLPAC. Totally unexpected!
- The wind that blows through this ‘rest area’ is reaaaaaallly 気持ち! Caught us both by surprise~ Plus, there are proper bean bags here too!
- The restaurants downstairs have equally nice decor that fit in with the rest of the building structure. woot!
- IMO the place has a very raw, unfinished feeling to it but throwing in all these super-modern touches gives it a unique identity. Very naisu!
To which I was commenting to her how we’ve forgotten the actual reason we came here – there was some Bata warehouse sale that she wanted to check out, haha so finally after snapping enough pics like tourists, we went to sniff around the sales area.
PS: Photos up on Facebook here =3
I considered it as a pretty good find as I found this adorable pair of yellow sneaks! XD This pic was after I got home, and decided to try out new ways of lacing the shoes – settled with lattice lacing on one side, and over-under lacing on the other.
Went to Ikea and browsed Daiso and Yamaha as well! XD Wasted alot of time in Ikea simply because it is Ikea XD Daiso had some real fun stuff too (usual lah!)
And we saw this MTV video at FOS (totally wtf XD)~~ the song’s called “15 Minutes” by The Yeah You’s. Catchy!
Had a nice dinner of nasi briyani with mom and dad XD yummo! Followed by durian and cherries XD
Also helped ti out (hopefully) with tackling his exam questions on initializing arrays in Alice. =P
*considerably long pause talking to aichan about petticoats*
#off topic no.1: petticoats
We trawled eBay and some other sites, but I found this site which I thought was really.. wow! House of Olivier – the photos are incredibly good, and apparently you can wear these as regular skirts as well! Double win XD Faves so far are Sofia and Juliette~
#off topic no.2: youtube video
This is simply hilarious! XD First of all, loving the Brit accent, and secondly, the remarks are snarky XD Will continue to watch the rest of it once I find time for it.